Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Bad Sign for Obama NYC Rally

I received this "rapid access pass" graphic in an email from the Obama campaign today at about 8 p.m. ET. I was glad to see it arrive in the inbox in advance of tomorrow's rally in Washington Square Park. Then I read it.

One voice, I was told Monday night by Barack, can change the world. But signs and banners aren't welcome at a political rally. No further explanation.

I've been working furiously to translate an idea inspired by Monday night's speech into meaningful action. Friends -- not yet supporters of Barack Obama -- have generously donated their time to help me, believing in nothing but my commitment and the meaning of friendship. I won't stop working on the full realization of that idea, but I have now been given another side project.

I will be looking for answers to this inconceivably bad decision starting tomorrow. Not at the rally, though. I consider myself officially uninvited.

No comments: